Ways to Relax When You Feel Anxious About the Job Hunting Process
Being a senior in college may be nerve wracking at times since graduation is less than two months away, but one thing that is making me really nervous is the job hunting process.
So far, I’ve applied to many jobs in the field I am getting a degree in. Dealing with the waiting process for job hunting isn’t the best. You never know if your resume is going to stand out against the other candidates who also want the job that you applied to.
Here are some ways that I relax while I am dealing with the job hunting process.
1. Read career advice articles
Since I am a writer, I usually love reading articles that can help me out with my daily lifestyle. My favorite career advice articles are on the Muse website (which also doubles as a job search engine). They have articles about interviews, how to make your LinkedIn stand out, cover letters, and career strategies. My favorite articles from them right now are:
2. Go outside/Enjoy the fresh air
Going outside always helps destress me when I am dealing with a lot of schoolwork or stressing over the job hunting process. When I go outside, I usually go to an outlet center, an outside shopping center, or a park. Once I am at those places, my stress goes away instantly and I take photos of the beautiful nature around me.
3. Take a spa day
Taking a nice bath or getting a massage, manicure, pedicure, or facial is always a good way to relax after applying to jobs. Even though some treatments may be expensive to college students, now there are many ways you can spend less money on treatments by doing DIY or getting spa products from stores.
Some of my favorite DIY spa treatments and spa products are:
•Face masks (Ulta, Sephora, and Target)
•Calgon Lavender and Honey Bubble Bath from Target
•Creating face masks from products like Oranges, Lemons, Honey, Ginger, etc.
4. Understand that the job searching/hunting process is stressful for everyone
Everyone in their life goes through the anxiety of job searching/hunting, especially if it lasts for more than three months. I always feel less stressed out when I know that I am not the only one going through this process right now and that this process takes time and patience.
5. Learn new skills while waiting to hear back about your application status
New skills are always good to put on your resume/LinkedIn profile. Some new skills that could be learned are how to create your own website, learning a new language, and taking classes about coding, marketing, etc. New skills can make your resume/LinkedIn stand out to recruiters (especially if that skill is going to help out in the job that you applied for).
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
NYU JOB LISTINGSSee all NYU Job Listings
NYU Job Listings
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeColumbia UniversityCornell UniversityFordham UniversityNew York UniversityUniversity at Buffalo, SUNYStony Brook UniversitySyracuse UniversityBernard M Baruch CollegeHunter CollegeQueens CollegeSt. John's UniversitySUNY at AlbanyBrooklyn CollegeCollege of Staten IslandCity College of New YorkLehman CollegeNew York Institute of TechnologyHofstra UniversityPace UniversityRensselaer Polytechnic InstituteBinghamton UniversityBuffalo State CollegeRochester Institute of TechnologyAdelphi UniversityVassar CollegeSUNY New PaltzManhattanville CollegeState University of New York at GeneseoBarnard CollegeColumbia-Greene Community CollegeDutchess Community CollegeBard CollegeMarist CollegeUlster County Community CollegeMount Saint Mary CollegeYeshiva UniversitySUNY Institute of TechnologyErie Community CollegeSUNY PotsdamGenesee Community CollegeElmira CollegeBrockportRockland Community CollegeIthaca CollegeUniversity of RochesterAlbany College of PharmacyAlfred UniversityBank Street College of EducationBerkeley CollegeBoricua CollegeBriarcliffe CollegeBrooklyn Law SchoolCanisius CollegeCazenovia CollegeClarkson UniversityColgate UniversityCollege of Mount Saint VincentCulinary Institute of AmericaCUNY Graduate School and University CenterCUNY John Jay College of Criminal JusticeCUNY Medgar Evers CollegeCUNY York CollegeD'Youville CollegeDaemen CollegeDominican CollegeDowling CollegeFarmingdale State CollegeFashion Institute of TechnologyFive Towns CollegeGlobe Institute of TechnologyHamilton CollegeHartwick CollegeHilbert CollegeHobart and William Smith CollegesHoughton CollegeIona CollegeKeuka CollegeLe Moyne CollegeLong Island UniversityManhattan CollegeManhattanville CollegeMarymount Manhattan CollegeMedaille CollegeMercy CollegeMetropolitan College of New YorkMolloy CollegeMonroe CollegeMorrisville State CollegeNazareth College of RochesterNew York Law SchoolNew York Medical CollegeNiagara UniversityNyack CollegePolytechnic Institute of New York UniversityPratt InstituteRoberts Wesleyan CollegeSage College of AlbanySt. Bonaventure UniversitySaint John Fisher CollegeSaint Joseph's CollegeSt. Thomas Aquinas CollegeSarah Lawrence CollegeSiena CollegeSkidmore CollegeSt. Francis CollegeSt. Lawrence UniversitySUNY at FredoniaSUNY College at CortlandSUNY College at Old WestburySUNY College at OneontaSUNY at OswegoSUNY at PlattsburghSUNY College at PurchaseSUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at CobleskillSUNY College of Environmental Science and ForestryAlfred State CollegeSUNY CantonSUNY at DelhiSUNY Empire State CollegeSUNY Health Science Center at BrooklynSUNY Upstate Medical UniversitySUNY Maritime CollegeTeachers College, Columbia UniversityThe College of New RochelleThe College of Saint RoseThe Juilliard SchoolThe New SchoolTouro CollegeUnion CollegeUnited States Military AcademyUtica CollegeVaughn College of Aeronautics and TechnologyWagner CollegeThe Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and ArtLaGuardia Community CollegeThe New York Conservatory for Dramatic ArtsSuffolk County Community CollegeBorough of Manhattan Community CollegeKingsborough Community CollegeHudson Valley Community CollegeFinger Lakes Community CollegeAdirondack Community College American Academy of Dramatic Arts- New YorkBronx Community College Cayuga County Community CollegeClinton Community College (NY)Corning Community College Fulton-Montgomery Community CollegeHelene Fuld College of Nursing Herkimer County Community CollegeHostos Community College Jamestown Community College Mohawk Valley Community CollegeMonroe Community College Nassau Community College Onondaga Community College Orange County Community CollegeQueensborough Community CollegeSchenectady County Community CollegeSUNY Broome Community CollegeTompkins-Cortland Community CollegeWestchester Community College
- By State
- By City