Freshman Year Roommate Success Story
While we’re all thankful for our family, our friends, and the ability to be where we are today, there’s one person we’re thankful for who we may not have been previous to our college years.
It’s the person who made leaving your parents behind much easier on that first day of college, the friend of a friend you once inboxed, the person you shared a room with your first time away from home, and the person you couldn’t imagine school without: your best friend.
1. She’s there to tell you that you look awful when others tell you you’ve never looked better, with a simple, “what is that hideous outfit” and of course reminding you that a spray tan is much needed with a, “you look so pale please do something.”
2. Whether it’s capturing you when your double (or triple) chin is so on point, or when you’re at your worst angle, have no fear, she’s there to Snapchat it.
3. At this point, she’s basically part of your family and you catch her texting your family members more than you.
4. You have that simple look you give each other and you both automatically know what you’re talking about (even if you do get caught and shit gets real awkward).
5. Your bed is her bed (yes, you may have the option of two beds, but what’s the fun in that?).
6. She knows your taste of music and knows exactly when you’re going to belt out a song. And of course knows your favorite parts, giving you that opportunity to have a solo even though she knows your voice could crack a window.
7. She’s your plus one to every event and people question your relationship but you go with it and continue holding hands.
8. She’s always there to hurt you, because why not bite you until your arm turns blue or punch you in the stomach when she knows your bladder is about to explode?
9. She’s the one to never let you live down your embarrassing moments and will always resurface your awkward phase just to remind you that yes, that is what you once looked like.
10. Forget about watching TV shows without each other: lesson learned.
11. She’s the one to take your phone and talk to people for you when you’re just incapable of putting words together
12. If something’s not funny to others, without a doubt you will be laughing with her while annoying everyone in sight.
13. She’s the one who pops up on your phone the second you’re not together, and the one you can never run out of things to say to at any time of the day.
14. And of course, she’s the one who’s there for you through it all and the one you’re sure always will be.
15. She’s your other half, most definitely your partner in crime, and your forever go-to.
We may not be best friend doctors like Meredith and Christina or live on Tree Hill like Payton and Brooke, but we’re most definitely a freshman year roommate success story, and for that, I am thankful.
Apply to Write for Uloop NewsJoin the Uloop News Team
Discuss This Article
More Uloop Campus Life Articles
Recent NYU News Articles
RECENT NYU CLASSIFIEDS
WRITE FOR ULOOPApply to Write for Uloop News
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
TOP 5 NEWS ARTICLES
BROWSE OTHER COLLEGES
- By CollegeColumbia UniversityCornell UniversityFordham UniversityNew York UniversityUniversity at Buffalo, SUNYStony Brook UniversitySyracuse UniversityBernard M Baruch CollegeHunter CollegeQueens CollegeSt. John's UniversitySUNY at AlbanyBrooklyn CollegeCollege of Staten IslandCity College of New YorkLehman CollegeNew York Institute of TechnologyHofstra UniversityPace UniversityRensselaer Polytechnic InstituteBinghamton UniversityBuffalo State CollegeRochester Institute of TechnologyAdelphi UniversityVassar CollegeSUNY New PaltzManhattanville CollegeState University of New York at GeneseoBarnard CollegeColumbia-Greene Community CollegeDutchess Community CollegeBard CollegeMarist CollegeUlster County Community CollegeMount Saint Mary CollegeYeshiva UniversitySUNY Institute of TechnologyErie Community CollegeSUNY PotsdamGenesee Community CollegeElmira CollegeBrockportRockland Community CollegeIthaca CollegeUniversity of RochesterAlbany College of PharmacyAlfred UniversityBank Street College of EducationBerkeley CollegeBoricua CollegeBriarcliffe CollegeBrooklyn Law SchoolCanisius CollegeCazenovia CollegeClarkson UniversityColgate UniversityCollege of Mount Saint VincentCulinary Institute of AmericaCUNY Graduate School and University CenterCUNY John Jay College of Criminal JusticeCUNY Medgar Evers CollegeCUNY York CollegeD'Youville CollegeDaemen CollegeDominican CollegeDowling CollegeFarmingdale State CollegeFashion Institute of TechnologyFive Towns CollegeGlobe Institute of TechnologyHamilton CollegeHartwick CollegeHilbert CollegeHobart and William Smith CollegesHoughton CollegeIona CollegeKeuka CollegeLe Moyne CollegeLong Island UniversityManhattan CollegeManhattanville CollegeMarymount Manhattan CollegeMedaille CollegeMercy CollegeMetropolitan College of New YorkMolloy CollegeMonroe CollegeMorrisville State CollegeNazareth College of RochesterNew York Law SchoolNew York Medical CollegeNiagara UniversityNyack CollegePolytechnic Institute of New York UniversityPratt InstituteRoberts Wesleyan CollegeSage College of AlbanySt. Bonaventure UniversitySaint John Fisher CollegeSaint Joseph's CollegeSt. Thomas Aquinas CollegeSarah Lawrence CollegeSiena CollegeSkidmore CollegeSt. Francis CollegeSt. Lawrence UniversitySUNY at FredoniaSUNY College at CortlandSUNY College at Old WestburySUNY College at OneontaSUNY at OswegoSUNY at PlattsburghSUNY College at PurchaseSUNY College of Agriculture and Technology at CobleskillSUNY College of Environmental Science and ForestryAlfred State CollegeSUNY CantonSUNY at DelhiSUNY Empire State CollegeSUNY Health Science Center at BrooklynSUNY Upstate Medical UniversitySUNY Maritime CollegeTeachers College, Columbia UniversityThe College of New RochelleThe College of Saint RoseThe Juilliard SchoolThe New SchoolTouro CollegeUnion CollegeUnited States Military AcademyUtica CollegeVaughn College of Aeronautics and TechnologyWagner CollegeThe Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and ArtLaGuardia Community CollegeThe New York Conservatory for Dramatic ArtsSuffolk County Community CollegeBorough of Manhattan Community CollegeKingsborough Community CollegeHudson Valley Community CollegeFinger Lakes Community CollegeAdirondack Community College American Academy of Dramatic Arts- New YorkBronx Community College Cayuga County Community CollegeClinton Community College (NY)Corning Community College Fulton-Montgomery Community CollegeHelene Fuld College of Nursing Herkimer County Community CollegeHostos Community College Jamestown Community College Mohawk Valley Community CollegeMonroe Community College Nassau Community College Onondaga Community College Orange County Community CollegeQueensborough Community CollegeSchenectady County Community CollegeSUNY Broome Community CollegeTompkins-Cortland Community CollegeWestchester Community College
- By State
- By City